Pāriet uz galveno saturu

Take two

N.B. We were asked to write a script for a couple of scenes in a film or a TV show

EXT. DAY. Scene location - a movie set of a costume drama set in the 1920s. The old town, somewhere in Europe, the facade of a piano bar is in the background, wet cobblestone street, the day is grey, foggy.

Wide shot of movie set

Slowly Zooms in to

A Mid shot of two young actors redoing a scene

A man, in his late twenties, dressed in a grey, retro suit, and newsboy cap is holding a little younger, a petite woman in a bright red dress and a hat to match with feathers in it. He says something and leans in for a kiss, she grabs onto her hat as she leans back.


Cut to a tall woman with a megaphone in hand sitting in the director’s chair. She is wearing all black fitted sportswear and has white hair in a bob cut so sharp it looks like a guillotine from certain angles.

Hannah: CUT!!! SERIOUSLY?! Do the last line again!! Back from the top! Action!

Cut back to the two actors as they start redoing the scene.
Kevin: I have truly never loved like this, Martha!

Cut to Hannah getting more and more irritated. An assistant runs up to her with a thermos and goes to hand it to her. Hannah yanks it out of the assistant’s hand and takes a gulp. The assistant nearly loses her balance from the force of the yank.
Hannah: CUT!!! NO! Sarah, you’re doing great sweetie, loving the face,the everything. Try and hold it while Kevin realises he’s not in acting class anymore!! ACTION!

Cut back to the actors redoing the scene again.
Kevin: I have truly… never… loved like this… Martha.

Cut to a close up of Kevin’s face, his right eye is twitching and his jaw tensing up.

Cut to mid-shot of Hannah sparking up a cigarette.


Hannah: Cut! Nah, nope, no, no, NO! I am done! I’m done today! I am completely DONE! All of this is awful! The light is all fucked too now that we’ve wasted time on trying to get REAL emotion from this apathetic teen!

Hannah shoots up from her chair, walks onto the set, pats the female actress on the shoulder, and nods for her to leave the set. She turns to Kevin, puts her face uncomfortably close to his, takes a puff off her cigarette and blows smoke into his face.

Close up of their face to faceness.

Kevin: [through his teeth] I don’t think Wardrobe will be too pleased with this authentic 1920’s suit getting a cigarette burn and reeking of that shit.

Hannah: Quick reminder, bud, you aren’t here to think. You are here… on my fucking set… to repeat lines in a manner that will actually entice an audience, that will make women clutch their pearls and gasp in sync in the cinema! You do realise that I have about 30 up and coming James Deans lined up to take your place? 

Kevin takes a step back from Hannah’s face, looks across the set trying to find someone.

Kevin: Where is my manager?!! I need to speak to her NOW! Morgan!!

END SCENE.

INT. EVENING. Scene location - Morgan’s trailer

Mid shot of trailer door. SFX thudding on the trailer door.

Cut to mid-shot of Morgan sitting with a laptop in her lap on a sofa in the trailer.


Morgan: Come in, for the love of God, sounds like you really need to get in here! [sighs]

Kevin barges in as Morgan is halfway through the sentence.

Morgan: Well if it isn’t my favourite client! The only one for that matter! [Laughs] You look stupid when you’re mad, please, stop making that face.

Morgan closes her laptop and stands up

Kevin: It’s humiliating, Morgan!! The way she treats me. I can’t work with HER! I don’t want to do this anymore.

Morgan: But starring in the world-famous, critically acclaimed, feminist director Hannah King’s newest masterpiece is something you need. For your image, remember?

Morgan steps closer to Kevin and slaps her hands on his cheeks and leaves them there.

Cut to a close up of Morgan holding Kevin’s face.


Morgan: Because, I mean, I wasn’t the one who suggested you go on a coke-fuelled three-day bender at the end of which you posted 35 Instagram stories about your new revelations about “them hoes”!

Kevin: Okay, okay, okay, I know, I was there. I don’t need constant reminders.

Morgan: And I don’t need to deal with temper tantrums in adult men, but here we are. As a director she has to direct you. As my best friend she HAS to hate you.

Kevin: Wish it could’ve stayed between us.

Morgan: [mockingly] Up and coming actor dating his agent! Up and coming actor seen canoodling with models at a party! Up and coming actor does a bunch of horse tranquilizers, cheats on his agent-girlfriend, and calls her a “demon bitch” on Instagram live!

Kevin: Again, I don’t need reminders. I made a mistake.

Morgan: Mistakes! And so did I! Never get high on your own supply. Never get physically involved with your client!

Kevin: I do still have feelings for you! [kisses Morgan]

Morgan: [pulls away from Kevin] Wow! Outstanding performance! [does a slow clap] Get back to your trailer, practice your lines, and don’t disappoint us tomorrow, will you? Also [sits down and opens her laptop] would you say you’re “excited” or “thrilled” about filming tomorrow? For Twitter!

Cut to mid-shot of Kevin at Morgan’s trailer door

Kevin: [opens trailer door] Tell them I’m over the fucking moon about it! Goodnight! [slams door behind himself]
END SCENE.

INT.DAY. Scene location - Margan’s trailer.

Mid shot of Morgan shooting up from the sofa as someone is banging at her trailer door again. As she sits up her laptop falls to the ground, there are sheets of paper all over the floor, her phone is buzzing on a desk nearby.
Hannah: Moooorgaaan! Morgs! Get that doooor! [keeps knocking at the trailer door]

Morgan gets up from the sofa to get her phone. Looks at the time.
Morgan: IT’S 5.30am HANNAH! You better be dying... [she walks up to the door and opens it] ...or drunk as shit, holy mother of Christ...

Cut to mid-shot of Hannah standing outside, swaying from one leg to the other, cigarette butts all over the ground around her, a burning cigarette in one hand and a bottle of red wine in the other. Her bob cut, however, is still perfectly intact.

Hannah: [shouts]Morgaaaan, love of my life!

Morgan: Shhhh [she pulls Hannah inside her trailer whispering] YOUR cast and crew are all still sound asleep in the surrounding fucking trailers!!

Hannah: Morgan, have I ever told you how much I love you? [she plants herself on Morgan’s sofa and spills a bit of her wine on the floor]

Morgan: God’s sake Hannah, those are Kevin’s contracts! [she starts picking up the sheets of paper off the floor]

Hannah: Kevin. [she makes a disgusted face] It’s all about him. Fuck Kevin! What about you?! [she points her still burning cigarette at Morgan]

Morgan: Let’s not worry about me for a second! Stub that shit out! Disgusting! How do you plan on doing today’s shoot? You can’t find direction, never mind direct a scene!

Hannah: You know what your problem is Morgs? You’re too caring! You care too much. You’re like everyone’s mummy.

Morgan: It’s my job!

Hannah: I’m tired. [lies down on Morgan’s sofa] Oh God, you actually sleep on this??

Morgan: I wouldn’t call it sleep per se. You know, with all of you treating my trailer as a drive-through therapist's office. Barging in whenever you please![sits next to Hannah on the sofa]

Hannah: Lie down with me, please, only for a bit. [she pats on the space next to her]

Morgan: [squeezes in next to Hannah on the sofa] The shoot starts in two hours.

Hannah: [puts her arm around Morgan] I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking and it made me sad. So I drank. And then I cried a little. I’m sorry. I love you Morgan.

Morgan: [lovingly] Yeah, I love you too, but we have responsibilities now, bud.

Hannah: [talking over Morgan] No, I mean. I’m in love with you. [she leans in to kiss Morgan]

Morgan: [pulls back] Haaaan, no.

Hannah: You know, when you get that piece of shit “boyfriend” out of your head, I’ll still be here. You need time, I know.

Morgan: It’s not like that. [She stands up from the sofa] I’m going to get breakfast, coffee and something to keep you awake for the next 12 hours. Enjoy the [looks at her phone] 1 hour and 47 minutes of sleep!

Cut to a wide shot of the inside of the trailer, Hannah is sleeping on the sofa in the background, Morgan in the foreground laces up her boots, grabs her coat and keys and leaves. The trailer door shuts with a thud.

Fade out

END SCENE.


Komentāri