Pāriet uz galveno saturu

Revenge plan

N.B. We were asked to produce a script for a radio drama




MUSIC: FADE IN INTRO MUSIC 10 SECONDS


Narrator: “The revenge plan” episode one.


MUSIC: FADE OUT INTRO MUSIC


SFX: MAN SCREAMING AND FALLING DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

SFX: STEPS APPROACHING


ANN: (SFX: ANN SCREAMS)

MATILDA: (SFX: MATILDA GASPS)

RAY(voice shaking and gets louder): Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!!

ANN: Did you do it? Is he…

ALL: DEAD?

RAY: Check! Go and check his pulse or breathing or whatever!!

MATILDA: There’s no way in hell I’m going to go near him again!

ANN: Oh, so now you’ve suddenly learned about boundaries? No, queen, you touched him last! Go ahead!

MATILDA: That’s uncalled for! Now is really not the time!

ANN: Really?? All this time, you had no problem feeling him up behind my back, Matilda!

RAY: Oh for God’s sake! I’ll do it!


SFX: RAY THUMPING DOWN THE STAIRS


RAY: Yeah. Dead. Dead as one can be. Cold. The fat lady has sung. It’s over.


MATILDA: Charming...


RAY: (SFX: RAY SOBBING


SFX: STEPS RUNNING DOWN THE STAIRS TOWARD RAY


ANN: Stop that. Right now!

MATILDA: We did this to never, ever shed a tear over that awful man again.

ANN: Okay. How do we…

RAY: Get rid of him?

MATILDA: What do you plan on doing? Wrap him up in a rug, put him in the trunk, and bury him in the woods?

ANN: We’re not in an episode of “How to get away with murder” this won’t work.

RAY: I say we leave him there, clean up, and call the police. It was an accident, technically.

MATILDA: It means that you will have to tell them about...

ANN: I’m not ready.

RAY: It’s a little too late now, don’t you think? The body is getting cold, we better move quickly if we don’t want to raise suspicion.

MATILDA: Ray has a point. Delete all messages between us from the last 48hrs. There was NO planning, we knew each other, we found out he cheated on all of us with each other, but we hadn’t seen each other for the last three days.

RAY: You confronted him. He got mad, got drunk, and fell down the stairs. Smudge your mascara! We go home, you call the police.

ANN: (SFX: ANN SIGHS)

MATILDA: We will back each other. We are the victims of his lies and abuse.

RAY: Okay! Let’s move!


MUSIC: FADE IN INTERMISSION MUSIC 5 SECONDS

MUSIC: FADE OUT INTERMISSION MUSIC


SFX: SIRENS APPROACHING

SFX: KNOCK ON DOOR, ANN SOBBING, DOOR OPENS, DOOR CLOSES


ANN: nervously Hello. Please, come in, officers.

SFX: VOICES AND BEEPING ON POLICE RADIO

OFFICER: So. We have a male, late 30’s. Pronounced dead on the scene by paramedics. No signs of a violent death.

ANN: What is going to happen now?

OFFICER: We’re going to have to take you in for questioning.

ANN: Me? Why me? It was an accident I really... I can’t... I...

OFFICER: Mam, it’s just the procedure. I understand that this is tough on you, but in cases like this we need to question the partner of the victim as a suspect.

ANN (sharply): Well, my husband had multiple partners at once!

OFFICER: Hmm

ANN: I’m sorry, I’m just... I’m incredibly upset.

OFFICER: Right, Mrs. Wood, we’re going to remove the body and leave now. We will be contacting you in the next few days.

ANN: Oh.. well... thank you officer.


SFX: FRONT DOOR CLOSING

SFX: CAR DOORS OPENING AND CLOSING


OFFICER 1: We’ll be returning to this house soon enough.

OFFICER 2: I don’t trust her one bit. Brian could drink us all under the table and still walk home stable as a pile of bricks.


SFX: SEATBELTS CLICK TWICE, CAR ENGINE STARTING, CAR DRIVES OFF

MUSIC: FADE IN DRAMATIC MUSIC 5 SECONDS

MUSIC: FADE OUT DRAMATIC MUSIC


SFX: PHONE BUZZING


RAY: Hey! How did it go? Are they gone?

ANN (phone voice effect): AWFUL, RAY, it went awfully! They’re on to me. I need a lawyer.

RAY: Okay, breathe. Did they question you?

ANN: They said they would contact me for the questioning. One of them looked at me weirdly. I think I remember him from somewhere. They were suspicious. I’m a suspect, Ray!!

RAY: Ok, you need to calm down. You can’t stress out like this because of a facial expression.

ANN: Can you come over?

RAY: I’m not going back to that house, I’m sorry, love. Let’s meet at Matilda’s.


MUSIC: FADE IN DRAMATIC MUSIC 5 SECONDS

MUSIC: FADE OUT DRAMATIC MUSIC

SFX: NIGHT NOISES, DOOR OPENS, DOOR CLOSES, HEELS CLICKING ON PAVEMENT

SFX: PHONE BUZZING IN A HANDBAG


ANN: Hey, yeah. I decided to walk... I need to air out my head... It’s a 20-minute walk. I’m going to be fine... See ya!


SFX: HEELS CLICKING ON PAVEMENT, BUSHES RUSTLE STEPS APPROACHING, ANN STARTS WALKING AND BREATHING FASTER


ANN (to herself): Who the... at this time of the night. Weirdoes.


SFX: THE OTHER STEPS START WALKING FASTER, ANN’S HEELS START CLICKING FASTER, BOTH START RUNNING


ANN: I have pepper spray in my bag!!! Stay away!!


SFX: ANN STOPS AND TRIES TO FIND PEPPER SPRAY IN HER BAG


ANN: (SFX: SCREAMS AS SHE IS GRABBED BY THE STRANGER)


SFX: ANN’S MUFFLED SCREAMS AND HEELS DRAGGING AGAINST THE PAVEMENT

SFX: TRUNK OF A CAR OPENS, ANN IS STUFFED IN IT, TRUNK OF A CAR IS CLOSED, CAR DRIVES OFF

MUSIC: FADE IN DRAMATIC MUSIC 5 SECONDS

MUSIC: FADE OUT DRAMATIC MUSIC


MATILDA: It’s been an hour now. Where is she??

RAY: You know Ann, she probably left something home and had to walk back like five times. She’ll be here soon.

MATILDA (laughs): I guess so! Another one?


SFX: POURING WINE IN A GLASS

MUSIC: FADE IN DRAMATIC MUSIC 5 SECONDS

MUSIC: FADE OUT DRAMATIC MUSIC


OFFICER 1: So you called Mrs. Wood at about 21:37 to check if she’s on her way, is that correct?

RAY: Yes. She sounded fine... I mean upset, you know, because of her...

OFFICER 2: Husband falling down a flight of stairs. She’s probably on the run. Typical behaviour.

MATILDA: Excuse me, officer, but are you assuming she killed her own husband?! A woman, my friend is missing and you are here in my house accusing her of murder?

OFFICER 1: Ms. Kaas, can I ask you to, please, calm down?

MATILDA: Ridiculous!

RAY: At about ten past ten we called her again, multiple times and she wouldn’t pick up anymore. Officer, Ann’s really not the suicide kind.

OFFICER 1: Where do you all know each other from and for how long?

MATILDA: How is that going to help find her? My father was in the force for his entire life. I’ve never seen such poor police work!

RAY: Matilda, please. I’m really sorry, we haven’t slept all night worrying about Ann. I am sure we have given you enough details on our dear friend and we would like to go out and look for her now.

OFFICER 2 (to himself): Yeah, good luck with that.

OFFICER 1: Okay, Ms. Mccarthy, Ms. Kaas we’re going to contact you the moment we find anything and I would kindly ask you to do the same.


SFX: POLICE OFFICERS’ STEPS LEAVE THE ROOM, DOOR OPENS, AND CLOSES


MATILDA (whisper shouts): They’re sketchy as hell Ray!!! Did you see that blonde one stare you down??

RAY: Yeah. There’s something strange about these police officers. I feel like I know one of them from somewhere.


MUSIC: FADE IN OUTRO MUSIC 10 SECONDS


Narrator: End of episode one of “The revenge plan”

Read by actress 1, actress 2, actress 3, actor 1 and actor 2

Screenplay by Annie Griguca

Narrated by Professional Narrator


MUSIC: FADE OUT OUTRO MUSIC

Komentāri